Health Benefits of Ashwagandha – Ashwagandha is very well known in the medical world. It is moreover called Withania Somnifera or Indian ginseng. This plant has been used for several years in Ayurveda, ancient medical science, and Chinese medicine.
Withania Somnifera is a perennial shrub since the nightshade family of the Solanaceae family. The root of this plant has traditional uses as both tonic and sedative. Still, recent research shows that the leaf extract contains a compound known to be carriers that have to be found to have regenerative properties at the synapses of mouse brain cells and in human cells. Somnifera can be easily found in India (especially Madhya Pradesh), Bangla Desh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and North Africa.
- Height: it can grow taller than 170 cm but is usually 30-60 cm.
- Shape: has a central stem and is a solid and upright shrub.
- Branches: Star-shaped branching, and all branches covered with fine hairs.
- Leaves: Oval and alternating, up to 5 cm wide and 10 cm long.
- Flowers: green outer layer with yellow petals on the inside.
- Fruit: red berries enclosed in a protective coating (calyx).
- Roots: long and fleshy tubers.
There are various health benefits to remain found in Ashwagandha. It has immunomodulatory, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial, anti-stress, sleep-inducing, and anticonvulsant properties. Known biologically active ingredients in Ashwagandha are alkaloids, saponins, iron steroid lactones, and choline. It is too rich in fatty acids of 18 different types and some phytosterols and polyphenols.
However, the roots, berries, and leaves of Ashwagandha are used medicinally. Ashwagandha is also available in powder or capsule form.
Categories – Health Benefits of Ashwagandha
1) Relieves stress
- According to a 2012 study, Ashwagandha proves to be very beneficial in reducing stress and its side effects. People with stress disorders who took Ashwagandha had lower levels of the stress hormones [cortisol].
- Ashwagandha gives excellent results in both acute and chronic stress. It acts as a tonic, helps your body adapt to stressful conditions, and strengthens the nervous system and the adrenal glands. It energizes the body and the mind and improves the quality of sleep. And also, it believes that Ashwagandha works wonders today.
2) Enhances brain activity
- According to a 2012 study, Ashwagandha proven to remain effective in treating Alzheimer’s disease. Some chemicals in Ashwagandha help improve the production of acetylcholine’s main nerve signal transmitter. It, in turn, improves cognitive abilities, which include concentration, thinking, and memory.
- It helps stimulate the growth of parts of neuronal cells that already damaged for whatever reason and thus helps reduce the risk of age-related mental illnesses such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Start taking Ashwagandha to protect your brain from degeneration, but only after consulting your doctor. Please do not take it without consulting your doctor.
3) Cancer Prevention
- According to some studies, Ashwagandha has proven to help prevent cancer, and it also helps prevent or stop the growth of cancer. The plant is high in antioxidants, and its anti-cancer properties help prevent almost all types of cancer. Ashwagandha works by limiting the growth of cancer cells, which makes it worthwhile for preventive purposes.
- Its components “work wonders” in preventing the growth of cancer cells such as colon, breast, prostate, leukemia, melanoma, lung, and sarcoma.
- Along with this, it also develops the effects of chemotherapy and radiation against cancer cells and protects healthy cells from damage from several cancer treatments.
4) Improving Immunity
- Another unlimited benefit of Ashwagandha is that it helps in boosting the immune system. It helps increase the making of white blood cells as Ashwagandha is rich in antioxidants. It also recovers the functioning of the immune system and therefore helps in the treatment of several autoimmune diseases.
- This improves overall health besides reducing the likelihood of disease incidence. In addition, when you are feeling weak and in pain, Ashwagandha can give you more energy and aid in your recovery from illness.
- Consuming at least 1 cup of Ashwagandha tea will support your immune system.
- Ashwagandha tea not recommended for patients suffering from high blood pressure.
5) Fights Depression
- The antidepressant properties of Ashwagandha make it excellent for treating depression and stress-related disorders. Ashwagandha has stress-relieving properties that make it more effective for treating anxiety and depression.
- According to a study by researchers at the Institute of Health Sciences at the Indian University of India. Banaras discovered that Ashwagandha stabilizes mood in patients with behavioral disorders and anxiety.
- Ashwagandha does not cause drowsiness, a severe adverse effect of many other prescription medications. It should remain taken by mouth and under the guidance of a physician to control depression and anxiety.
6) Works as a Natural Aphrodisiac
- Ashwagandha acts as a powerful aphrodisiac. According to a 2013 study, Ashwagandha believed to have spermatogenic properties and may increase sperm count along with sperm volume and sperm motility. Ashwagandha can also remain taken in capsule form.
- Add half a teaspoon of the powder of Ashwagandha in a glass of warm milk with honey and drink it twice a day.
- Another option is to take 300-500 mg capsules twice a day for at least a month.
7) Treatment of Arthritis
- Ashwagandha is also very active in treating rheumatism and osteoarthritis due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Its anti-inflammatory properties are due to the alkaloids, saponins, and steroidal lactones present in Ashwagandha. • Ashwagandha is beneficial for inflammation and joint pain, especially with morning articular inactivity. Ashwagandha also provides energy and vitality, which are essential factors to lead an everyday life when a person is suffering from health problems, especially arthritis.
Also Read: Muscle Confusion
Barbie as The Island Princess Full movie in Hindi
Barbie Movie in Hindi Barbie is the fashion doll manufacture by the American toy company Mattel that has appear in…
Sooryavanshi Full Movie Download 2021
Sooryavanshi Movie Download Sooryavanshi movie download is the 2021 Indian Hindi action film written and director Rohit Shetty and producer…