What is Acidity Regulator?
Acidity Regulator: Acidity occurs when the gastric glands produce a large amount of acid, more than is necessary for the digestion process. This condition is characterized by a burning sensation above the stomach or below the breastbone (the hollow part).
Acidity regulators are used to modifying and controlling acidity or alkalinity to a specific level critical to food processing, flavour and safety. Improper pH control can lead to undesirable bacteria in the product that could pose a potential health risk.
How is Acidity Produced?
The food we eat passes through the oesophagus into the stomach. Gastric glands in the stomach create the acid needed to digest food and kill germs. Heartburn occurs when the gastric glands produce a large amount of acid, more than is necessary for the digestion process. This condition is characterized by a burning sensation above the stomach or below the breastbone (the hollow part).
This condition is prevalent in India due to the high consumption of fatty and spicy foods by Indians.
16 Simple Home Remedies for Acidity Regulator
- Avoid carbonated drinks and caffeine. Opt for herbal tea instead.
- Drink a glass of warm water every day.
- Intake of banana, watermelon and cucumber in your daily diet helps cure Acidity. In addition, watermelon juice is excellent for curing heartburn.
- Coconut water is known to calm the system if you suffer from heartburn.
- Drink a glass of milk – every day.
- Eat your last meal at least two to three hours before bedtime.
- Maintaining long intervals between meals is another cause of heartburn. Instead, eat small but regular meals.
- Try to avoid pickles, hot sauces, vinegar, etc.
- Boiling of some mint leaves in water and drinking glass after meals every day cures Acidity
- Another effective remedy is sucking on a piece of clove.
- Jaggery, lemon, banana, almonds and yoghurt are known to give you instant heartburn relief.
- Smoking and excessive drinking will increase Acidity, so reduce it.
- Try chewing gum; the saliva generated helps move food through the oesophagus, relieving heartburn symptoms.
- Ginger helps digestion. Buy powdered ginger in capsule form or add the herb to your recipes.
- You can drink a simple preparation of sugared lemon water one hour before a meal to reduce discomfort.
- Have vegetables like drumsticks, beans, squash, cabbage, carrots and spring onions.
2 Simple Steps to Maintain Acidity Regulator
If you experience this problem more than twice a week, you probably have a severe heartburn problem: acid reflux, known as gastroesophageal reflux disease, commonly known as GERD. The pain can be so intense that it feels like a heart problem. Therefore, Acidity regulator is necessary.
Since a person can suffer from heartburn anytime and anywhere, they may not have the opportunity to seek medical attention. Therefore, you need to find home help that can provide quick relief. Here are two simple and effective home remedies that will give you relief from digestive problems.
Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe vera, known for its medicinal properties, is often used to relieve skin infections and burns. The plant’s pulp can also help keep the intestine clean and free from toxins. In addition, Aloe Vera contains potent anti-inflammatory properties and is packed with powerful vitamins and amino acids, which reduce acidity levels and cool the body temperature. Therefore, it helps to provide quick release and maintain acidity regulator.
Mix the pulp from the Aloe vera leaves with water, take it 2-3 times a day for relief.
Powerful Spicy Remedy
While spices can trigger heartburn, certain herbs in the kitchen can help relieve heartburn. Essential flavouring agents such as cumin seeds (jeera), cardamom, cinnamon and powdered ginger are traditionally used for strong anti-inflammatory properties. Cumin seeds, in particular, have potent properties that can help you get rid of bloating issues.
In a saucepan, boil a little water (1 glass). Add spices like cumin seeds, cardamom, ginger powder and cloves. Let the mixture simmer and when done, put it in the fridge.
Your drink is ready. You can also add jaggery to enhance the flavour.
You can also consume juice extracted from a fresh pineapple when needed. Pineapple contains vitamins and minerals and bromelain, an enzyme that helps control hydrochloric acid levels in the stomach, preventing acid reflux which in turn maintains acidity regulator.
Precautions to take :
Display your meals, avoid going to bed right away. Doing this can trigger heartburn. Instead, sit for at least 30-40 minutes after each dinner or walk briskly for 10-15 minutes.
Avoid drinking carbonated and fizzy drinks as they alter the pH of your stomach. This maintains acidity regulator.
Also Read: Antioxidants – About, How can I fill up, Benefits, and More